Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Make it for Monday: My New Signature Letterboxing Stamp

So, I've been Letterboxing for a little over a year now, and the one thing I've struggled with is coming up with my own Signature stamp.

I've got a lot of great ideas, but nothing has really "spoken" to me.  Even my co-worker Jessica tried to help and come up with some design ideas.

Well, I think I finally came up with a design, and I'm kinda proud of it:


I stuck with something that still including an outline of my beloved hound, Bender, but I also managed to incorporate the theme of my new TrailName, LeftOvers4Dinner.  I've decided I, me, has outgrown "Bender Oak" , and Bender, my dog, has actually grown into his own name and should keep it as his own TrailName. By the way, Bender Oak now has his own Letterboxing account, and gets to keep his own signature stamp!


I'm pretty happy with the detail on this stamp, and the fact that it's small!  Also, I managed to fit my TrailName onto it!


The Best part, once I brainstormed, researched, and came up with the design for the stamp, it wasn't too hard to do up.  One good thing about this stamp is that it stamps clean, and relatively crisp, which was a problem on early Signature Stamp designs.  


Now that I've got this carved out, I've got some serious Letterboxing and Geocaching to do!
Also shared on:
  Making