Saturday, June 23, 2012

Letterboxing outside your comfort zone!

When I letterbox or geocache, I'm a creature of habit, and tend to either go to locations that I know and am comfortable in, or in remote, isolated, locations like large forested parks or historic sites.

I'm not too terribly comfortable letterboxing in urban/suburban locations.  I always feel that I might run into people/muggles that might make the situation uncomfortable, or that I'll have a hard time dealing with suburban traffic.  And since I'm a night owl, I usually don't get out of the house until afternoon traffic is well under way.

Well, I couldn't figure out what to do on my day off, and I really didn't want to drive too far away.  I decided to hit up an area purported to have a few good Geocaches and Letterboxes.

Unfortunately, most of the Geocaches were in very high traffic areas, so I took off towards the park. Bender and I had quite an adventure!


I was really surprised by the area we went to.  As a park built for a community, it was very well-planned and pleasant to walk through. There was plenty of space, and it wasn't like people felt cramped if they were just walking around, jogging, riding their bikes, etc....  I kinda wish there were more Geocaches and Letterboxes there, as you can see, Bender got quite comfortable while out Letterboxing! Probably from wearing that comfortable backpack and knowing he's got all his snacks with him, lol!




Thanks for reading!