Monday, October 20, 2014

Maple Bacon Cookies from Betty Crocker: Easy-Peasy Bacon Goodness!


That delicious, mouth-watering, melt-in-your-mouth goodness picture above is the fantastic wonder known as "Betty Crocker Maple Bacon" cookies, frosted with Maple Bacon frosting and dusting sprinkles!

Typically, I don't splurge on store-bought baking mixes, but I saw this and just had to try it.  Just like everyone else in the world, I'm on a bacon kick, so how could I resist?!?!  I know most people would think "Hey, it's Fall, break out the Pumpkin Spice!!!" -but I'm not one of those people.  I only enjoy the concept of Pumpkin twice a year: A few days before Halloween when I carve a Pumpkin and eat it's tasty seeds, and then for Thanksgiving where I eat a piece of Pumpkin pie just large enough to not insult my {insert family member whose house I'm eating at}.

I modified the recipe a little bit.  Rather than using butter, I did use coconut oil, a tip I learned from a friend when preparing traditional sugar cookies.  I think it gave them a slightly different "kick" -and since up until this week I was eating healthy, it made me feel a little less guilty :)  Check the video below to see how the cookies turned out!




So if you're like me, and aren't falling for the PSL ("Pumpkin Spice Love") -try this perfect Fall Alternative, Maple Bacon cookies from Betty Crocker!